Christmas is on a Tuesday this year and it will be here in just 7 short weeks! I’ve got like 1,000 ideas for holiday crafts this year (thanks mostly to pinterest). Most of the crafts are for homemade Christmas tree ornaments. I think I have enough projects to post one a week until Dec. 25th, so that’s just what I’ll do! Every Tuesday for the next 7 weeks I’ll post my latest creation. Here is the 1st – my “Gingham Fabric Wrapped Ornament”
1/4 – 1/2 yard gingham fabric, 3″ styrofoam balls, needle & thread, artificial pine needle branches, and wired edge ribbon
1. Cut a 12″ x 12″ square of fabric (and if you don’t have a ruler, just use that engineer’s scale from college! haha)
2. Bring each of the 4 edges of fabric to the top of the styrofoam ball, secure with a pin. Then bring each corner to the top and secure with pins.
3. Cut a small section of ribbon to create a loop to hang your ornament. Pin at the top, in the middle of the gathered fabric.
4. Using your needle and thread, hand stitch around the gathered fabric at the top of the styrofoam ball. Then remove any pins that are still showing.
5. Clip a single branch of pine needles from the main piece.
6. Wrap the pine needles around the top of the ornament. Twist tightly to secure.
7. Add a cute little bow. Use a thin piece of wire to secure at the top.
8. Trim the fabric at the top and it’s ready to hang on your tree!