These “Scrabble Tile Ornaments” are my favorite so far! I just love how they turned out and can’t wait to hang them in our tree after we put it together this weekend. I’m extra eager to get the Christmas tree up this year… but I have this rule to wait until after Thanksgiving. I don’t know why I feel the need to keep this rule, but I just do!
Burlap, Popsicle Sticks, Wood Glue, Floral Berries, Scrabble Tiles and Ribbon
1. Cut the popsicle stick to a size that will fit the length of the scrabble tiles.
2. Cut a piece of burlap wide enough to leave approx. 1/2 inch on all sides of the popsicle stick. (again, get that engineer’s scale out from college if you can’t find a ruler – like me!)
3. Add a thin line of wood glue to one side of the popsicle stick, then place the burlap on top.
4. Add another thin line of wood glue to the top of the burlap. Then, starting at the bottom, add each individual scrabble tile. Before placing the last tile (or, first letter of the name) add a small loop of ribbon.
5. Clip two small stems of holiday berries from the main branch.
6. Finally, use a hot glue gun to secure the berries on either side of the scrabble tiles. Then hang your cute new ornament on the tree!
*I think these would also make great name tags for gifts!
**You could also make ornaments that spell holiday words like: Santa, Joy, Peace, Merry, Snow, etc.
One last NOTE: I found all of my supplies at Hobby Lobby, with the exception of the scrabble tiles. I ordered the individual scrabble tiles off of Etsy from this guy: Mark with Scrabbled Ideas