We had a little bit of company over to our place on Saturday to watch the Nebraska game. Justyn’s cousin, Jessica, recently moved to the Phoenix area… and her parents drove down from Salt Lake to visit this weekend! Another one of the Richter cousins, Darby, stopped by along with his wife, Jenifer.
It was a lot of fun to have everyone over for the game! Plus, it gave me the perfect opportunity to put together a spread of yummy football food:
The little guy has just started to learn how to grab onto his toys! I keep hanging new things in his play gym to see what will catch his eye and is easy for him to catch. He’s also getting a lot better at entertaining himself… which is such a nice break for Mom sometimes!
Lastly, here’s that recipe for the Turkey Chili:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1.25 pounds ground turkey
- 1 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato puree
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cups water
- 1-1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon steak sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion, green pepper and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Transfer turkey and vegetables to a 5 quart crock-pot. Stir in the beans, tomato puree, salsa, tomatoes, broth, water, seasonings. Cook on high for 2-3 hours or until chili reaches desired thickness.