There are many times when I feel like no one reads this blog of mine. But then, I go a few weeks without posting and the whole world’s like “hey Becky, why don’t you ever write on your blog anymore?” So, I thought I would take a few minutes this morning to write a quick update about our lives lately.
What’s happened since my last post?
– Thanksgiving: We were invited to our friends’ family Thanksgiving dinner this year. The weather was perfect that day, so we really enjoyed the time outside. But the house was pack full of people and lots of loud noises. I think it was a little too much for Coyer (the new place, new faces, all the excitement and different voices). He was pretty fussy almost the entire time we were there. It was an exhausting day for me since I spent all day just trying to keep him from screaming and I barely had the chance to eat anything at all. Hopefully next year will be a little better for us.
– Coyer’s Baptism: We had an absolutely wonderful day for Coyer’s baptism. Again, the weather was just perfect. We had some friends and family over to our house for a little reception after the baptism ceremony. It was really great to relax a little and enjoy visiting with the company. Coyer was in a great mood too! He totally made up for the rough day we had on Thanksgiving. 🙂
– New Daycare: The new daycare is going well so far. This week will be Coyer’s 3rd week there, and it already feels like home to us. The girls watching Coyer are so sweet and they just love him so much! I think Coyer really likes them too, he always has the best reports sent home each day. They say he only cries when he’s tired/hungry. Even when I drop him off in the mornings, he always has the biggest smile for his teacher! It makes me feel good to know he is happy while I’m away at work.
– Germs: Yes, of course… we are definitely exposed to many more germs with Coyer going to a daycare center now. After just the first week there, my husband and I got really sick with a terrible stomach bug. OMG! It was no fun at all. Coyer was fine, but I guess that’s because he is breastfeeding. Unfortunately, the little guy couldn’t be saved from all of the germs. My poor baby got his first real cold last weekend. It was so sad… his little cough, runny/stuffed up nose, rosy cheeks, and watery eyes. Oh! I really wished I could have found a way to take it all away from him. He’s on the mend now, but it’s certainly been a rough week for Coyer.
– Christmas Presents: I totally planned on doing my Christmas shopping the same weekend that we ended up getting sick. So last weekend was a complete scramble for me to buy my gifts (for 12 people), finish all of the wrapping, package the gifts in boxes to ship, and make it to UPS in time for them to be shipped back to the midwest! Wow, so much work… but, I was able to enjoy it a little too (with help from my friends: Chardonnay and Pinot Grigio)!
– Holiday Party: Last Friday night our friends from church, Robin and Chris, offered to watch Coyer for us so that we could go to Justyn’s company holiday party. It was our first night out since the baby was born! We really weren’t at the party for long, but it was nice to have a couple of drinks, enjoy some good warm food, and visit with the other wives sharing stories of motherhood.
– Work: My job has been crazy since I got back from maternity leave. A new boss, 2 new projects to manage, short deadlines, and of course I’m still trying to play catch-up from being gone for 3 months. At least I stay busy enough at the office to keep my mind occupied so I don’t obsessively worry about Coyer during the day.
Justyn’s work has actually seemed to slow down recently. He still has enough to keep him busy during the day, but not so much work that he’s going crazy. Justyn tells me they will get busy again after the first of the year.
What’s happening next?
– The Christmas Gala: You guys, the new daycare center is putting on a Christmas program tonight… and YES, Coyer is going to be a part of it! Holy crap. I don’t even know how this is all going to work out… isn’t 4-months a little too young to be in a production of any kind? I think they are dressing him up as a snowman (aww), so maybe he’s just going to be a prop or something? I just hope he doesn’t lose his cool right in the middle of it all. But, whatever… I’m sure it will be really cute no matter what! 🙂
– Christmas Dinner: Our friends from church (again, Robin & Chris) have invited us over to share in their Christmas dinner on Wednesday. They have an adorable little 2-year-old girl, Lily, who just loves Coyer. She’s practicing being a big sister so she’ll be better prepared when her new sister, Norah, is born in February! Justyn and I are definitely looking forward to spending the holiday with these new friends. It’s great to have something to do on Christmas day since we won’t be able to go home again this year.
– Date Night: Now that Coyer is a little older and we’re starting to get used to this new lifestyle, Justyn and I are going to try to start planning a date night for ourselves maybe once a month. For our first night out, I think we are going to try the new Teppanyaki restaurant not to far from our house. We love those kind of restaurants… good food with a show, can’t beat that!
– Waste Management Phoenix Open: It’s almost that time of year again! We are so totally looking forward to the Waste Management Open this year. Justyn has a cousin who’s boyfriend works at the Scottsdale TPC course (where the tournament is held) and he will be able to get his hands on quite a few free tickets! So, there will be a big group of Justyn’s family (his mom’s side) in town for the big event. We can’t wait… less than 40 days until were drinkin’ beers at the 16th Hole!